There are two types of people in the world, those that believe that Vegan Pancakes can be enjoyed more than once a year, and those that are wrong! These are great to eat on a lazy Sunday and even quick enough for a special dessert!
Energy: 110Kcal, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 19.3g, Protein: 2.1g (Values per pancake with no toppings)
Energy: 182.5Kcal, Fat: 9g, Carbs: 20.6g, Protein: 4.9g (Values per pancake with Peanut Butter)
INGREDIENTS – 7 Vegan pancakes
- Plain Flour, 120g (1 Cup)
- Oat Milk, 225ml (1 Cup)
- Sugar, 2Tbsp
- Baking Powder, 1 Tbsp
- Salt, 1 Tsp
- Flax ‘Egg’, 3 Tbsp Flax Seed with 3 Tbsp warm water (Leave for several minutes to thicken)
- Coconut Oil, (For frying)
- Peanut Butter, (Protein topping!)
- Maple Syrup, (Optional topping!)
- Measure the flour, it can be easier to roughly gauge this by using the Cup measurement system, as the measurements can be tweaked to reach the desired consistency. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the sugar, salt and baking powder to the sifted flour.
- Add the three tablespoons of Flax seed to warm water, leaving it for a few minutes after stirring will allow it to thicken.
- Add the Oat milk to the dry ingredients. Once the Flax has thickened, add this too.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. PRO TIP: When I make these pancakes, I mix all the ingredients in a protein shaker cup, which makes the mixing and pouring WAY easier and a lot less mess.
- Heat a frying pan and the coconut oil. Allow the pan to get hot (without smoking) before moving to the next step.
- Add the batter to the pan, I like to start small, a few inches across. When small bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake, the edges will start to cook and harden. You’ll be able to edge a fish slice or spatula underneath and begin to flip. Once you’ve got the hang of it, work up to bigger pancakes!
- It’s always important to make a recipe your own, especially a simple one. So you should really try experimenting with some different toppings, maple syrup, fresh fruit or a Peanut Butter sandwich! As always, be sure to send us in photos of your creations by either heading to our contact page or #TheLeanVegan!